Amy

Amy

Thursday, September 30, 2010

The After

This will be the second time this bathroom has been done in 6 months. The main redo was for the major water damage from a water pipe that left our home with 40 thousand dollars in damages. After everything was fixed we had a hot water to spray water under the floor, damaging my bathroom. The floor had to re removed including the sub floor. There are a few more things to finish,but I am so happy to have my bath back We have 2 1/2more baths but this was my favorite.
When we took out the vanity to redo the floor,I thought it would be a good time to change some things. The mirror was so old you could not use it to put makeup on with. Off to the thrift shops. I found this mirror for $18.00.
I had it ready to paint and grabbed a can and begun to spray. I had planed to paint it black,but I picked up the silver can by mistake. Then I thought HUM! After spraying I then took some black to enhance certain areas. I also replaced the white vessel with a clear one.
One day I was blog hopping and found a designer that had used a teapot with flowers in her bath. A friend gave me this little teapot. It had one foot gone, so I put a piece of cork on it ,now it would work perfectly for my room.
These keys are something I fell in love with in a shop.
I bought these boots 15 years ago in an antique shop. Yes ,I did try to put them on, I got about half my foot in the top part.. They must have had tiny feet.

4 comments:

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Kathy, you did a wonderful job on that bathroom 5 stars!!! I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Shelia said...

Hi Kathy! I'm sorry you had such water damage but look how pretty your bathroom is! I love it. The mirror is gorgeous and that's a great idea using the little teapot on the throne! :)
Thank you for advertising for my kitchen party. I can't wait to see yours. You're so creative!! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Kathy I love love your work and your site. Oh how wonderfully gifted you are and your paintings are just beautiful.
So glad you found my site so I could find yours. I so loved Tenn...if it were not for my grandbabies I would seriously think about moving there.
Your new bath is lovely and I so shook a little when I read about your water damage because my homes pipes are so old. It scares me.
Kathy for a while I was having guest bloggers come on my site. I called them my Blogazine Guest and would love to have you be a guest and tell about yourself, work and site.
If you go to my site and click on under the headboard the Blogazine button you can see some of the special guest I have had. If it is something you would like to do let me know and I will be so happy to publish your story on my site.
Would love for my friends to see your work
Love
Maggie

A painting for my niece

A painting for my niece
I did this for her for Christmas

mural

mural

gym

gym

more of gym

more of gym

mural

mural

painting

painting

mural

mural

Side of a boat I painted

Side of a boat I painted

Blown Away

Blown Away
31x47

painting

painting

painting

painting

A mural I did

A mural I did

A mural I did

A mural I did

A mural I did

A mural I did

A mural I did

A mural I did

A mural I did

A mural I did

A mural on a shed

A mural on a shed

Barn painting

Barn painting

A mural for a boy

A mural for a boy

A girls mural

A girls mural

A backsplash I painted.

A backsplash I painted.

painting called moon glow

painting called  moon glow

just a small painting

just a small painting

A painting I did

A painting I did

pinting I did

pinting I did
sold

mural

mural

my painting

my painting

my painting

my painting
sold

My painting

My painting
sold

one of my paintings

one of my paintings
sold

A backsplash I painted

A backsplash I painted

one of my paintings

one of my paintings

A boys mural

A boys mural

One I did for guest room

One I did for guest room

One of my paintings in Vieques P. R.

One of my paintings in Vieques P. R.
sold

a painting I did called" Not Me"

a painting I did called" Not Me"

My art at the Appalachian Art Center

My art at the Appalachian Art Center

sideshow

My Blog List

A ceiling mural I did.

A ceiling mural I did.

mural in a church nursery

mural in a church nursery

The Old Fire Hall

The Old Fire Hall

old mill

old mill

A painting I did

A  painting I did

A painting I did

A painting I did
sold

free counter

Mom and Dad

Mom and Dad